Deposit and final payment
Nordic Visitor charges a non-refundable 50% deposit at the time of booking. The remaining amount is due 60 days before arrival and is non-refundable.
Advanced booking of at least four weeks prior to departure is recommended due to the limited availability of airfare and accommodation in summer. Booking early allows us to better accommodate your desired arrangements.
This tour can be customized to meet your needs, including additional nights in Reykjavik and/or Greenland on request. We can also arrange accommodation in Reykjavik or combine other Iceland packages with this tour.
This tour originates in Iceland so it includes roundtrip airfare to/from Reykjavik. If you prefer, flights can be arranged from Copenhagen, Denmark on departure and/or on return. Please note: for tours originating in Denmark, the tour departures are Thursdays and two extra days will be added in Ilulissat before the voyage. For further information about tour origin and flights, please contact us.
• Due to flight times between Greenland and Iceland or Denmark, passengers may need to spend a night before departure and/or a night upon return in Reykjavik or Copenhagen.
• The summer climate in Greenland is generally mild and dry with average temperatures of 5 -7° Celsius. However, Arctic conditions in Greenland can cause sudden weather changes so it is recommended to bring warm, weather-proof outerwear, thermal layers, and good walking boots. It is also ideal to bring a mosquito net or mosquito repellent and sunglasses.
• The itinerary can change without notice due to weather conditions.
• The currency in Greenland is Danish Krona (DKK). Credit cards are not widely accepted, thus we recommend bringing some Danish currency or a debit card (bank card) with a 4-digit PIN number for cash withdrawals at ATM machines.
• Optional Upgrade to a suite at Hotel Arctic; contact our Travel Consultants.
• Travel insurance is highly recommended.
• See our Travel Guide for more information about weather conditions, what to pack, currency and other practical information about travelling in Greenland.
Important information regarding this coastal voyage:
• This is no ordinary cruise! The passenger ship used in this coastal voyage also serves as a standard mode of transportation between villages for the locals, giving you a wonderful opportunity to meet Greenlanders.
• The on-board amenities and accommodations, though comfortable and pleasant, are more basic than what you would expect on a conventional cruise ship.
• There is no tour guide during the coastal voyage. However, special information will be provided by a local representative in Ilulissat the day before the voyage and a tour guide will be at your service when the voyage disembarks at Narsaq.
• Please also note that the ship‘s services cannot accept credit or debit cards. Therefore, please make sure to have plenty of Danish Kroner on hand before embarking at Ilulissat. The local representative in Ilulissat will be able to give you a good estimate of how much cash to bring on board.
All bookings are charged in Icelandic Króna (ISK), the official currency of Iceland. Prices displayed in other currencies are indicative only and based on the daily exchange rate as issued by the Central bank of Iceland. Therefore, conversions from ISK to other currencies will fluctuate from day to day.
After booking with Nordic Visitor
After booking your package with Nordic Visitor, you will be contacted within two working days by one of our travel consultants, who will serve as your dedicated contact person for all of your travel needs before, during and even after your holiday. Your travel consultant will provide you with details about your booking and your remaining payment (if not paid in full). You will also receive more information about what to expect during your holiday.